Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Regency Shift/Chemise

Over the weekend I made the first piece of my regency wardrobe, the chemise! I didn't have a pattern but it was fairly easy to make with just the visual references I found online. The most time consuming part was all of the flat felled seams that I folded and ironed by hand. However time consuming, they made the garment look exceptionally neat and professional. Right now I am working on making a pattern for short stays. This is taking a lot longer than the chemise because it is obviously more fitted and has those annoying princess seams (which I have to stitch by hand)! Never the less, I will get it done and I am sure the end result will be stupendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment