Monday, June 13, 2011

Polish Pottery - Folk Art At Its Finest


If you are fan of folk art, or are going for the eclectic shabby chic look, I would definitely suggest checking out polishpottery.com. There you will find the most beautiful hand stamped pottery straight from Boleslawiec, Poland. All of the pieces incorporate a similar blue hue and traditional design but from there they vary greatly. Some designs are more simple and geometrical while others exhibit an array of colors and floral patterns.
I have to say the the online prices are pretty high, but the beautiful yet durable piece you get is far worth the hit to your bank account. I suggest going to the warehouse outlet because there you can get a lot more bang for your buck. They don't advertise the warehouse prices but you can find pieces marked 25 to 75 percent less than online.
I think the best part about this pottery is the fact that you don't have to stick to one motif, all of the pieces look beautiful together. I spent a good two hours in their warehouse trying to deciding what piece and what pattern I wanted. I finally decided on a surprisingly practical brewing mug that came with a sauce,r lid, and infuser. With tax it cost me around 21 dollars,but that is a far cry from the 45 dollars they are asking online. I can wait to add to my collection in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment